Lockdown Laughs is part of a new series where we chat to some of the UK’s top comedians, to find out how they are keeping themselves entertained during the lockdown period. First up is Scottish comedian Jojo Sutherland who toured the UK with Jonathan Pie last year.
This charismatic comic performs in comedy clubs worldwide where she is in as much demand for her compere abilities as she is for her comedy routine. Her natural stage presence alongside her “healthy neglect” attitude to life proves extremely popular amongst many and varied audiences including the armed forces where she remains as one of the few women to go to military bases to entertain the troops.
1.You’re creating a COVID-19 Virtual Pub Quiz Team, what would your team name be and why
Bat shit crazy because virus caused by bats and that’s what we all are now.
2. You’re hosting a COVIDEO Night where everyone watches the same movie at 9pm and you have to come dressed as a character from that movie. What would be the movie of your choice and who would you come dressed as?
All watch it’s a wonderful life and i’d come as angel Carence because that’s the closest i’ll be to being an angel.
3. If you could only eat one food throughout the lockdown what would your choice of food be?
chorizo all day long and blue cheese but thats two foods put together so they make one.
4. If you had to choose between having no internet or no toilet roll for the duration, what would you choose to go without and how would you make up for not having it?
No internet and i’d watch, talk and read with a clean bum.
5. One man has been sneaking around his estate dressed as shrubbery, if you did that, which type of shrub or plant would be dressed as ?
Rhododendron bush – bold, colourful and robust.
6. If you could be locked up with your biggest celebrity crush who would you want to be locked up with and why ?
Richard Osman – make me laugh and reach things down from the top cupboard.
7. Who is the celebrity you’d least want to be locked up with and why ?
Piers Morgan – self explanatory.
8. Which of your comedian friends do you think would be the most entertaining to be locked up with and what would they do to entertain you ?
Bruce Devlin – he’d have an amusing opinion on everything and everyone and i would never be bored.
9. One man held a long-distance dinner date with someone he had seen from his balcony. How would you romance somebody you’d met from 200 yards away and never spoken to or met properly ?
I think my husband might be slightly miffed but assuming hypothetical then hidden notes around a garden like a treasure hunt.
10. What would you say is the best thing about being locked in a house for weeks on end with JoJo Sutherland ?
You’d never be far away from a hug.
You can find out more about Jojo at jojosutherland.co.uk