Eleanor Conway is about to head out on her ‘You Might Know Me From Tiner Tour’ and we managed to grab some time with her for a quick chat.
1. Thanks for your time. You’re about to head out on tour, what’s your favourite and least favourite thing about touring ?
I mean the late night travel sucks, I don’t have a car and so I’m always reliant on the last train home. But it’s a small neg. I love touring it’s the best bit. Especially up north. Everyone is just a bit more real and up for a good laugh.
2. Tinder – what’s your favourite Tinder story and what have you learned about the human race from being on Tinder ?
If Tinder is anything to go by, we are all screwed. The lack of respect and boundaries on that thing is unreal. Also, I’m convinced that Tinder is not a good use of my time at all, haven’t I got better things to do that swipe right on men I’ll never meet? You’d think.
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve been asked on Tinder ?
I hate it when men do that weird question, if you were cheese what kind of cheese you could be? It’s such a rubbish question stolen from Popworld, only Simon Amstell can pull that kind of questioning off and I don’t think he’s on Tinder.
4. Aside from Tinder, do you think online dating has taken all the fun out of dating ?
Whoever said that dating was fun needs to be shot. No-one is finding their fairy-tale on tinder it’s just people like me going on 100 rubbish first dates on a Tuesday night because wasting a weekend night on a Tinder date is amateur.
5. What do you look for in a date and what has been your worst dating experience yet ?
I think it was when a guy started breakdancing round me in a bar in Hoxton. Cringe.
6. You’re also an experienced music presenter, who has been your favourite musician to interview and of the hundreds of stories, what is the favourite story you’ve heard ?
Probably when Public Enemy came to Taiwan and Flava Flav wasn’t there because he’d not been allowed to leave the US due to him not paying his alimony. Gangster.
7. You’ve talked openly about drug and alcohol addiction, these days what is the one thing you can’t live without ?
My crack pipe. Jokes. My phone. I’m still addicted.
8. Your biog says you’ve contemplated sex work. If you did it, what would you put on your calling card ?
Hahaha, enthusiastic but will find something to complain about.
9. Just for fun, if you would create a holiday (eg Easter, Good Friday), what would it be called and how would we celebrate it?
Not Christmas. And we wouldn’t do anything. It would run from Oct 1st to Feb 1st and nothing would happen, it would be business as normal and we’d regain a quarter of the year back.
10. Thanks for your time. Apart from the tour, what are your plans for the rest of the year ?
For a fill list of dates and tickets got to eleanorconway.com