Lydia Singer and 10 Questions with TotalNtertainment. A one to watch within the R&B circuit Lydia Singer has recently released her single ‘Tell Me’, which is her second release in 2020. Her charismatic energy and mesmerising vocals captures the essence of her artistry. We got to have a quick chat with Lydia her career so far and more. See below;
1. Hi Lydia, thanks for your time, how is life treating you at the moment ?
Life is really good thank you!! The weather has been so sunny recently so I’m loving it!
2. You’ve just released a new single “Tell Me”, and it’s already getting a lot of support. 2020 seems to be heading in a good direction for you, what are your aims for the rest of the year?
My aims for the rest of the year is to keep releasing more music to gain more attraction, I can’t wait for people to hear some of my new music coming out soon! I’m also focusing on social media a lot at the moment.
3. Over the last 12 months you also completed your A-levels, how did you balance that and your growing music career ?
Due to Covid, my A-level exams were cancelled which meant my year group had to work extra hard to create evidence to show and support what grade we deserved so I was super happy when it was over, I was very happy with my results! Because of Lockdown it meant that I actually had a lot of time to do things on social media, particularly Tiktok which I really enjoyed creating content on during lockdown.
4. How supportive have family and friends been of your career? Who has been your biggest supporter so far?
I’m so lucky to have incredibly supportive family and friends who always push me to be my best and will always give me honest feedback, I’ve got a lot of supporters on Tiktok and Instagram who send me fan edits which I love but I also know that what ever happens my mum will always be my biggest fan.
5. And you’ve got a new EP coming out “Summer”, what can you tell us about that?
I can tell you that I’m super excited for people to continue to hear the music that I’m bringing out very soon, the support so far has been amazing so I can’t wait to release more music! I also actually created all of the songs from this EP during the summer of 2019!
6. You’ve already got your name involved with some influential people and brands in the music industry and outside (London Fashion Week etc), what have you learned so far ?
I’ve learnt something, which I actually think is one of the most important things. It’s that you get out what you put in, the harder you work, over time you’ll see results, but you’ve got to have patience and the confidence to keep going and not give up.
7. Going back to your A-Levels, if you hadn’t headed down the music path, where do you hope life would have taken you?
I was studying business as one of my A-levels and I’ve always enjoyed business in the creative industry for example with TV and music so I would’ve definitely still found myself in the music industry somehow but on the other side.
8. And looking forward, if you could collaborate with any artist who would you choose and why?
Right now I’m obsessed with Khalid’s music so definitely Khalid, his music is really unique and is always such a vibe! And he’s crazy talented at songwriting.
9. Just for fun: as you’ve worked with London Fashion Week – looking back, what has been your biggest fashion faux-pas to date?
Honestly when I look back three years ago at how I did my eyebrows… let’s not talk about it LOL! They were horrendous and I drew them on way too thick I really don’t know what I was thinking but I’m relieved I’m past that stage haha.
10. Thanks for your time. Just to finish, 2019 was a great year for you but 2020 has been a crazy year for everyone, how would you sum it up for Lydia Singer?
This year has been so exciting and crazy. Lockdown gave me the time to reflect and also find new opportunities, I’m excited to see what’s next!