1. Thanks for your time. In a few sentences could you tell our readers about Dactylion?
We’re an indie alternative shoegazey post-rock female fronted nu-emo jazz-influenced two-guitar band with a drummer. We are very unusual.
2. “Too many pedals and not enough happy memories?” What is it that is making you so sad?
Woah, big question. Our therapist charges us a lot of money to ask us those. You’ll have to listen to the songs at #360RAW11 to find out.
3. On the flip side, what makes you happy?
Hannah: There’s this video on twitter of a ferret being puppeteered to do a cute little dance, then he boops a little paper model of a Pikachu and they dance together. I watch it every day at least once.
4. Can you explain the origin of the name and how you came up with it?
Hannah: Now this is a good one. We actually have a shared Google Notes thingy where we all just add silly band names we have thought of … it’s been going at least three years now. Some others off the list include Johnson Jpegs, Shitcastles and Quornography. Liam’s favourite is Elon Musk: Emperor of Mars.
5. The medical dictionary definition is the tip of the middle finger. If you could walk up to your least favourite person and just stick your middle finger in their face who would you choose and what have they done to deserve it?
Liam: I don’t have any enemies.
Hannah: I’d do it to Liam because he’s just too nice.
6. If you could have a band-to-band chat with your biggest musical inspiration who would you choose and what would you want to ask them?
Hannah: I think I would definitely choose Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes); it’s hard to choose just one thing to ask him, though. I would want to know everything but I guess he has been through a lot in life. I want to know where he found the fight to keep making art and singing his heart out.
7. We’re heading towards the end of 2019, how would you sum up the year for the band?
*Hannah and Liam both just laugh nervously*
8. And will 2020 be the year when we hear new music from the band and, if so, what will it sound like?
Stutter is an absolute banger of a tune. It’s a little more upbeat and punky than our EP, and something you can dance to. It’ll be out on Reckless Yes early next year.
9. Curveball question – how would you sell ice cream to the Eskimos?
Hannah: This is a toughie. I think I would probably just spend a load of money on Facebook ads with clickbait titles such as ‘you won’t BELIEVE what happens when you eat this ice cream!’ and really oddly sexual pictures, and then flog the rest on Wish.
10. Thanks for your time. One last chance to tell our readers why they should get down to see your set at 360RAW11 on Friday 29 November
Liam: It’s going to be a great time … we don’t play gigs every weekend, so it’s something special when we do. We work really hard to make every gig an experience. All the other bands are amazing, too – you’ll definitely get more out of coming along than you would over a couple of cups of coffee or a movie on Amazon!
You can grab yourself some tickets to see Dactylion and the rest of the bands at the next #360RAW11 night in Leeds on 29th November here
Event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/798050700639631
Ticket link: https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/360raw11