Anna Krantz and 10 Questions with TotalNtertainment. ‘Blessed Are The Free’ is the second song in Anna Krantz’s “New moon new tune” series of releases. It is an uplifting and relatable offering and follows “We Could Be High” which recently featured on RTE Radio 1’s recommends playlist. We got to chat with Anna about her latest single and more.
1. Thanks for your time Anna, how is life treating you at the moment and how are you keeping busy?
Life’s great at the moment. My partner and I have just moved in to our new home which we love. So lots of online furniture shopping and renovation projects are keeping us both very busy!
2. You wrote your single “We Could Be High” over Zoom. I believe you had initial reservations about collaborating this way? What were those apprehensions?
Those reservations where sound delay issues. When you’re in the room with someone, you can both play guitar and sing at the same time which helps bring the song to life as it’s being written. Over Zoom, that’s a lot harder to do. Like anything though, you find what works and it soon becomes normal.
3. You’re now based in Dublin but spent a number of years in Nashville, what was that like and what did you take away from your time there?
I loved living in Nashville! It will always be like a second home. My main take aways from my time there are 1. Always strive to be a better musician than you are today. 2. Collaboration is key, so be likeable!!
4. I believe you have a home studio, how much of a help has that been both on a creative and personal level to have that space?
I’ve had some form of home studio set up since I was 15. So for me at this point, it’s just a vital part of my living space, like a kitchen or a living room.
5. Your new single “Blessed Are The Free” is out now, on the subject of freedom, what is the first thing you will do when life returns to normal?
Travel!!! Fist I’ll go home to London and spend time with my family. Then I’m on the first flight to Nashville to spent time with my friends and to make more music!
6. On the subject of your home studio, if you could spend lockdown with one artists to write a collaboration album with who would you choose and why?
Labrinth. I love his musical choices and production style. I know we’re very different artists in terms of our sound but he’s someone who’s talent I really admire. I think the combination of both our styles could be something special.
7. Now the single is out, what are your plans for further new music?
I’m going to continue to release a song a month #newmoonnewtune until the middle of 2021. Then I’ll move onto making an album.
8. As a creative person, has there been any “lockdown disasters” like cookery or DIY mishaps, or bad haircuts?
Defiantly bad haircuts! I attended to trim my partner’s hair, arrogantly assuming it would be easy. It wasn’t. I butchered his head. He had uneven lumpy bits for weeks!
9. Just for fun: You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
I’d prove that Donald Trump is in fact a robot built by Aliens!
10. Finally, how would you sum up 2020 for Anna Krantz and what are your hopes for 2021
I’ll let you know when it’s over… for 2021, I hope to be able to physically be with the people I love most in the world a lot more often.
Find out more at: www.instagram.com/