Celtic-folk and Americana band Johnny Mac and the Faithful will be the special guest act before Rod Stewart performs on his outdoor UK tour this summer.
The Glasgow-based band have been invited to perform at all 10 stadium shows for the Rod Stewart Live in Concert tour in May, June and July after attracting the attention of Rod.
Johnny Mac and the Faithful previously opened for Rod at Glasgow’s SSE Hydro in 2017 at a concert celebrating the 50th anniversary of Celtic Football Club’s 1967 European Cup victory. A friendship was born from that and Rod invited frontman John McLaughlin to co-write the song Julia which appears on his latest number one album Blood Red Roses.
And this summer Johnny Mac and the Faithful will be the special guest act at the following shows:
- Weds 22 May – Bristol, Ashton Gate Stadium
- Fri 31 May – Southampton, St Mary’s Stadium
- Sat 1 June – York, York Racecourse
- Tues 4 June – Milton Keynes, Stadium MK
- Fri 7 June – Ipswich, Portman Road Stadium
- Sat 8 June – Wolverhampton, Molineux Stadium
- Weds 12 June – Aberdeen, AECC
- Fri 14 June – Bolton, University of Bolton Stadium
- Sat 15 June – Sheffield, Bramall Lane Stadium
- Fri 12 July – Brighton & Hove, The 1st Central County Ground
Tickets are on sale now from www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Johnny Mac and the Faithful are a band of lifelong friends who can kickstart any party with their jamboree of celtic-folk and Americana.
Made up of John McLaughlin (lead vocalist), Gordy Goudie (lead guitar), Ryan Hassan (drums), Tam McKinley (bass), Gary McDowell (guitar), Terry Dourish (keys and accordion) and Lisa Petticrew (fiddle), the band are a tombola of musicians with Scottish and Irish roots. Like a raggle-taggle hoard of troubadours they roll from gig to gig, playing their own brand of uplifting, joyful 3-chord wonders, covering Irish folk classics such as Ewan MacColl’s Dirty Old Town and Steve Earle’s Galway Girl as well as a string of original songs including new single Took a train and You make my Monday morning feel like Saturday night.
Frontman John McLaughlin is an award-winning songwriter and producer who has penned hits for artists such as Westlife, Busted, Echo & The Bunnymen, Shane MacGowan and Sandi Thom.