Calling from heaven through darkened skies, the primary-colour pop of Lottery Winners shows what lurks in the shadows as the legendary voice of KT Tunstall joins the unstoppable four-piece on their latest single: Dance With The Devil. Handbrake-turning into the final stretch ahead of the release of their second album, Something To Leave The House For, the stardust-sprinkled, brooding banger is OUT NOW on Modern Sky.
Collaboration specialists, having previously drawn guests including Frank Turner and, famously, joining forces with Nickelback on 2020’s sea shanty viral to end all sea shanty virals, Rock Star Sea Shanty, Lottery Winners drew the multi-platinum-selling Tunstall into their world having imagined her unmistakeably full-bodied vocal all over the adrenaline-shot tune. Never too many degrees separated from the musicians they admire the most, the invitation landed in Tunstall’s inbox and the rest is unmissable, infectious pop history.
Singer and songwriter, Thom Rylance said: “As soon as I wrote this song I thought of KT Tunstall. It’s got that badass walking groove, and her voice just fits on it perfectly. It was an honour and privilege to work with her.
Heading into late summer dialling down the hues in their sound having gifted the occasionally warm weeks of June and July the visual genius of Favourite Flavour’s video and the scorching sound of Sunshine, Dance With The Devil is the third single to be lifted from album number two. Launching in spring with Times Are Changing, every move has been celebrated loudly by an in-the-know following, clamouring to grab copies of the Fri 24 September 2021 release and now getting face-to-face and voice-to-voice with the band on their long-awaited UK Tour.
Having been set free during August to play a run of festival dates up and down the country, Lottery Winners headline UK tour dates, including a huge album launch party/homecoming at Manchester’s O2 Ritz, are as follows:September 2021
- Thu 2 Sep Southampton, Joiners
- Fri 3 Sep Birmingham, Castle and Falcon
- Sat 4 Sep Lancashire, Highest Point Festival
- Sun 5 Sep Nottingham, Bodega
- Tue 7 Sep Bristol, Thekla
- Wed 8 Sep Leeds, Key Club
- Thu 9 Sep Blackpool, Bootleg Social
- Fri 10 Sep Wigan, The Boulevard
- Sat 11 Sep Stoke, Sugarmill
- Fri 17 Sep Manchester, Food and Drink Festival
- Sat 18 Sep London, The Roundhouse (supporting Frank Turner)
- Wed 22 Sep Milton Keynes, Crauford Arms
- Thu 23 Sep London, Oslo
- Sat 25 Sep O2 Ritz, Manchester
- Thu 30 Sep Sheffield, The Leadmill
- Sat 2 Oct Liverpool, Sound City
- Sat 9 Oct Stockton-on-Tees, NE Volume
- Fri 22 Oct Macclesfield, Suburban Hymns Festival (main stage)
- Sat 23 Oct Newcastle, Hit the North Festival (main stage)
- Sat 11 Dec Birmingham, Sonic Wave Festival (main stage)
Remaining tickets for all dates and more live opportunities to be announced via the band’s website at www.thelotterywinners.co.uk and their social media channels.