Morrissey has unveiled another track from his anticipated first-ever covers album ‘California Son’.
‘Lady Willpower’ was written by Jerry Fuller and recorded by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, originally released back in 1968. Liam Lynch, who created the ‘California Son’ album artwork has produced the lyric video for the track; a hazy floral retro visual accompanying the love song.
Morrissey has just finished a sold out week-long residency on Broadway which saw him performing rarities and tracks that have gone un-played live for decades. ‘Lady Willpower’ comes from the new album ‘California Son’ which will be released on 24th May via Morrissey’s label Etienne; an imprint of BMG.
The twelve track album, produced by Joe Chiccarelli, consists of a variety of songs from the ‘60’s and ‘70’s hand-picked and covered by Morrissey himself. The latest single ‘Wedding Bell Blues’ has been enjoying frequent radio play sitting on the A List at Radio 2 and ‘California Son’ is album of the week on the station.
Pre-order ‘California Son’ here: https://morrissey.lnk.to/sonPR
1. Morning Starship (Jobriath)
2. Don’t Interrupt The Sorrow (Joni Mitchell)
3. Only a Pawn In Their Game (Bob Dylan)
4. Suffer the Little Children (Buffy St Marie)
5. Days of Decision (Phil Ochs)
6. It’s Over (Roy Orbison)
7. Wedding Bell Blues (Laura Nyro)
8. Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets (Dionne Warwick)
9. Lady Willpower (Gary Puckett & The Union Gap)
10. When You Close Your Eyes (Carly Simon)
11. Lenny’s Tune (Tim Hardin)
12. Some Say I Got Devil (Melanie)