BASE Hologram, the leading content developer, producer and distributor of concerts, theatricals and spectacles that combine holographic cinema and mixed reality with live entertainment, announced Roy Orbison & Buddy Holly: The Rock ’N’ Roll Dream Tour, a groundbreaking tour featuring the award-winning rock and roll legends.
Stemming from the success of BASE Hologram’s In Dreams: Roy Orbison in Concert tour that broke records across the globe over 2018, the company will bring Orbison and Holly together for an enthralling event that will launch concurrent tours in Europe/UK and in North America. Eric Schaeffer (Million Dollar Quartet), who shepherded the In Dreams event will return as the director.
Accompanied by a live band and live back-up singers, this cutting edge holographic performance and remastered audio will transport audiences back in time for an evening of Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly’s greatest hits on stage.
Universally recognised as one of the great music legends and praised by everyone from Bruce Springsteen to Bono, Roy Orbison’s catalogue includes such chart-toppers as Oh, Pretty Woman, You Got It, Only The Lonely, Crying, I Drove All Night, It’s Over and In Dreams.
A seasoned performer by age 16, Buddy Holly was known not just for his distinguished look, but also for his mastery of several music styles. In addition to hits such as Peggy Sue, Oh Boy!, Not Fade Away and That’ll Be the Day, Holly was among the first artists to use techniques such as double-tracking on his albums. Along with his beloved band The Crickets, Holly helped set the standard for the Beatles and others for rock and roll orchestration by setting the two guitar, bass and drum line-up now seen in traditional concerts.
With nearly 3 million followers on Facebook and almost 5 million monthly listeners on Spotify between them, audiences are still enamored with the men who brought “geek chic” and horn-rimmed glasses into the mainstream. This tour will allow fans old and new to get the chance to experience these pioneering figures in a spectacular and thrilling new way. Pulling from their combined 16 platinum records, 19 gold records, nearly two dozen Top 40 hits and 10 combined GRAMMY awards, this transcendent musical event will give audiences a once in a lifetime musical experience.
Tickets for UK dates go on sale this Friday 29th March, promoted by Kennedy Street Enterprises and are available from Ticketline.co.uk or directly from venues, prices from £45.
To purchase tickets or to find more information, please see www.royandbuddy.com.
ROY ORBISON & BUDDY HOLLY: THE ROCK ’N’ ROLL DREAM TOUR DATES:
- October 7, 2019 – 3 Arena – Dublin, Ireland
- October 8, 2019 – Waterfront Hall – Belfast, United Kingdom
- October 10, 2019 – Utilita Arena – Newcastle, United Kingdom
- October 11, 2019 – Apollo – Manchester, United Kingdom
- October 12, 2019 – M&S Arena 2 – Liverpool, United Kingdom
- October 13, 2019 – First Direct Arena – Leeds, United Kingdom
- October 14, 2019 – Bonus Arena – Hull, United Kingdom
- October 16, 2019 – Armadillo – Glasgow, United Kingdom
- October 17, 2019 – Resorts World Arena – Birmingham, United Kingdom
- October 18, 2019 – International Centre – Bournemouth, United Kingdom
- October 21, 2019 – Royal Centre – Nottingham, United Kingdom
- October 22, 2019 – Brighton Centre – Brighton, United Kingdom
- October 23, 2019 – Motorpoint Arena – Cardiff, United Kingdom
- October 24, 2019 – Hammersmith Apollo – London, United Kingdom