Get ready Scarborough – there is another massive live music announcement coming your way!
The final chart-topping act to perform at this summer’s sensational season of live music at Scarborough Open Air Theatre will be revealed on Monday at 8.10am.
And to celebrate what will be the biggest and best ever year at Europe’s largest open-air arena – with 16 massive headline concerts – venue promoters Cuffe and Taylor today announced two special treats for music fans.
This Sunday – on what promises to be the hottest weekend of the year so far – venue staff will hide a pair of tickets for each of this summer’s gigs at secret locations around Peasholm Park, the beautiful coastal home of Scarborough OAT.
Yes, that’s tickets for Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Britney Spears, Lionel Richie, Bastille, Steps and Nile Rodgers and CHIC among many more to be found in silver envelopes. So, go get hunting and bag yourself a treat!
And on Monday, anyone who has bought a ticket for any show at the venue this year will get access to an exclusive pre-sale. This will enable customers to secure their tickets for the final music act to be announced – 24 hours before anyone else!
Cuffe and Taylor Director Peter Taylor said: “This is going to be a sensational and record-breaking year at Scarborough OAT with massive stars and true music legends performing at this wonderful venue. We cannot wait to reveal who the latest big-name act is Monday morning.
“As a special thank you for all those people who have bought a ticket for one of the shows so far we will give them access to a special pre-sale where they can secure tickets for our final act 24 hours before anyone else.
“And on what is set to be a stunning weekend at Peasholm Park, we are delighted to be holding a special Treasure Hunt. A pair of tickets for each of our shows will be hidden at various locations for music fans to find. Happy hunting and we can’t wait for this year’s first gig when the legend that is Lionel Richie takes to the stage on June 19.”
The Treasure Hunt will begin at midday on Sunday.
- 15 silver envelopes will be left at various locations around Peasholm Park. Inside each envelope will be a special code relating to a specific OAT show.
- The lucky finders must then take the envelope and code to the OAT box office to redeem their pair of tickets.
- This is limited to one pair of tickets per finder and tickets must be redeemed before the box office closes at 4pm on Sunday.
- Participants of the Treasure Hunt are reminded to be respectful of the park, other visitors, and please do not to walk on any flower beds as no tickets will be hidden here.
- Throughout the afternoon check in at the Open Air Theatre Box Office to see what ‘Music Treasure’ is still to find. Good luck and happy hunting!
SCARBOROUGH OPEN AIR THEATRE 2018
- 19 June – Lionel Richie
- 21 June – The Script
- 22 June – Gary Barlow
- 24 Jun – Nile Rodgers and Chic
- 29 June – Steps
- 30 June – Alfie Boe
- 5 July – Emeli Sandé
- 6 July – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
- 20 July – Pete Tong’s Ibiza Classics
- 21 July – Il Divo
- 26 July – James Arthur
- 28 July – Bastille
- 11 Aug – Texas
- 17 Aug – Britney Spears
- 18 Aug – James
Tickets for all shows are available via www.scarboroughopenairtheatre.com or from Scarborough Open Air Theatre Box Office (01723 818111) and the Discover Yorkshire Coast Tourism Bureau (01723 383636).