1. Thanks for your time. Could you tell us in a couple of sentences who Everyday People are?
Everyday People are a group of like-minded people who love playing, producing and generally enjoying funky music. We’re a Leeds based five-piece with funky feels, soulful vibes and pop beats.
2. You’ve only been together for a year; how would you sum up that year?
Crazy!! Sorry for the cliché but we’ve come pretty far in this past year and we feel that our new music is definitely a testament to that.
3. For a band at the stage you’re at, how helpful are gigs like #360RAW10?
Getting support from people like Richard Watson from the 360 Club, who have spent years in the business, really means a lot to us. It’s great to get all the support we can and it really has been a great way to meet like-minded people and artists with the same aims as us.
4. You’ve already sold out a gig at Leeds Brudenell Social Club … I wanted to ask how supportive is the Yorkshire scene?
For us, Leeds is the place to be right now! But generally, the Northern music scene is killer, from Manchester to Hull and more, there are so many exciting new talents and we just love that we can be a part of it.
5. In terms of new music, when can we expect more from Everyday People?
Small Islands is out on 4 October! It’s one of my favourite tracks so far, focusing on the all too common feeling of wanting to be somewhere better … it really works to tackle some important issues surrounding mental health in a palatable way. It’s filled with dreamy holiday feels and we’re really excited to get it out to the world. We also have another single coming out in November, which will be released with an exciting remix, which will be our first one. The single is called Mirrors and Ollie Sekunda, who we have been lucky enough to work with on our last few tracks, will remix it.
6. What should people expect from you at #360RAW10 and do you know anything about the other acts playing?
This gig has been long-awaited for us, it will be the first time we’ve performed in a while and we will be back to a full 5-piece which is super exciting! In terms of the other acts, we’ve played a few gigs with Richard at the 360 Club now and he is brilliant at choosing a great mix of acts that complement each other perfectly! We’ve played numerous gigs with other bands that we have created great relationships with, and hope to do so with the acts performing at #360RAW10.
7. If we were to sit down in 12 months’ time, at what stage would you hope your career would be at?
We want to be on as big a stage as possible reaching as many people as possible. The more people we get to meet and connect with via our music the better. It’s the dream for all of us so the more we can travel and play, the better. Saying that, if anyone wants to give Obama the heads up, we wouldn’t mind making it onto his summer tunes playlist …
8. Tell us an interesting fact about the other members of Everyday People …
One of us used to star in a David Bowie tribute band. Guess who?
9. Curveball question: if you had to rid the world of either apples or oranges, which would you choose and why?
If we get rid of the apples there would be no more ‘bad apples’ so, life’s good.
10. Thanks for your time. One last chance to persuade people to come and see you at #360RAW10 …
We’re Everyday People, we’ll be at #360RAW10 to play some soulful tunes and we want you there. So, get out the house, have a little groove and come support some local acts at an independent venue and club who would all love to see you there ☺
You can see Everyday People at the Lending Room in Leeds on Friday the 18th October. Details of the event and tickets can be found here.
Event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/372851639949133
Ticket link: https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/product/360raw10