Teeff gave very kindly gave up some of their time to chat to us at TotalNtertainment ahead of the #360RAW night in Leeds.
1. Hi, thanks for answering our questions, can you introduce the band to our readers?
Ey up, we’re Teeff. A band that lived in Leeds, then Sheffield, then somewhere between. We’ve been playing bits and pieces together for about two years now.
2. You’re playing #360RAW2 this week; what can people expect from your set?
A mix of garage and blues rock with some songs about all sorts of gubbins.
3. How did you get involved in the night?
We had the pleasure of playing at the 360 Club for our first homecoming Leeds gig and it was a cracking do, and we were then invited back by Richard and Alan to play #360RAW2, which we’re massively chuffed about. The venue is superb and we’re looking forward to coming back.
4.Could you describe your sound in just ten words?
Fuzzy, blues, garage, rock, hairy, who? Dan? Dan? Dan? Dan?
5.Could you tell us what music you have out and how people can hear it?
We’ve got three numbers on Spotify that you’re more than welcome to listen to. Captain Vere is a bit of a fan favourite.
6.What has been your most memorable gig; good or bad?
We played outdoors earlier this year at Peddlers Market in the Beast from the East. Never been worried about ice on stage before. Still played in the white t-shirts, though, which was a bad idea really. Top night, though.
7. The #360RAW nights are designed to help promote emerging bands in the West Yorkshire area. What are your thoughts about the scene in West Yorkshire?
It’s been great to be introduced to so many great bands from the area since we started a couple of years ago. Small venues and DIY events offer a good platform for music in Leeds. To have all this information collated in shops like Jumbo and Crash also makes finding these sorts of things so much easier.
8. Are there any emerging bands that you think we should be checking out?
We always say this but Black Mamba Fever are definitely one of our favourites. Femur’s new EP is also well worth a listen.
9. If you were trapped on a desert island, what one item would you want to have with you?
Flann O’Brien book for Alex; pair of flip flops for Ryan.
10. And, finally, what are your plans and your ambitions for the rest of the year?
Win the Grand National, record an album in a brewery, and move to Scarborough for early retirement.