The release of the full Dockumentary comes after Webster teased live performances from the docks of his popular singles Living For Yesterday and Something’s Gotta Give over recent weeks. The film’s track listing is completed with low-key, yet impassioned run-throughs of unreleased album tracks We Get By and The Joker, plus a cover of The La’s own Timeless Melody.
Humbled by comparisons to bands like both The La’s and Shack, Webster’s ‘heart on his sleeve’ approach to songwriting is reflected in an unashamed tribute, not only to a legendary moment in Liverpool music history, but to the history of the city itself as a place of industry, honest toil and a gateway to the world’s open seas.
The emergence of the full performance comes at the start of release week of his debut album, We Get By, available from Fri 21 August 2020 on Modern Sky.
Due to demand an extra four dates and another 4,000 tickets have gone on sale for Webster’s rescheduled and upgraded UK & Ireland Tour, due to take place over 13-dates around the UK in February and March 2021.
With some dates being rescheduled, meaning original tickets for shows in each location remain valid, the full list of upcoming Jamie Webster tour dates, including the newly announced shows are as follows:
- Wed 24 Feb Newcastle, Riverside
- Fri 26 Feb Belfast, Limelight 2
- Sat 27 Feb Dublin, Workmans Club
- Sun 28 Feb Cork, Cyprus Avenue
- Tue 2 Mar Glasgow, St Lukes
- Wed 3 Mar Edinburgh, The Mash House
- Thu 4 Mar Leeds, Brudenell Social Club
- Fri 5 Mar Manchester, Academy 3
- Sun 7 Mar Birmingham, Hare and Hounds
- Mon 8 Mar Bristol, Louisiana
- Wed 10 Mar Cardiff, Globe
- Thu 11 Mar London, Oslo
- Sat 13 Mar Liverpool, Guild
Tickets for all forthcoming shows are available at https://www.jamiewebstermusic.