Tones And I’s all-conquering hit ‘Dance Monkey’ continues to achieve new landmarks. Its latest conquest comes with the news that the track’s official video has now exceeded a billion views at YouTube in less than a year. Its success means that Tones And I has already collected an awe-inspiring list of achievements, with highlights including:
- A global tally of seven billion+ streams, including 1.5 billion at Spotify where it’s become the all-time most streamed song by a female artist.
- The longest-running UK #1 from a female artist in chart history with 11 weeks at the top. It still commands a strong chart position in the UK, having already completed 38 consecutive weeks in the Top 40.
- The most Shazamed single of all-time.
- It hit #4 on Billboard’s Hot 100 as it reached Platinum status, making ‘Dance Monkey’ the chart’s first Top 5 hit to have been solely written by a woman in over eight years.
- Multi-Platinum or Diamond
certification in fifteen countries (including Double-Platinum in the USA and 11x Platinum in Australia).
- Four ARIA Awards: Best Female
Artist, Breakthrough Artist, B est Pop Release and Best Indep endent Release.
Just as importantly, ‘Dance Monkey’ provided the spark for fans to further immerse themselves into Tones And I’s creative world. They connected with her debut EP ‘The Kids Are Coming’, which featured another hit in the shape of ‘Never Seen The Rain’, before Tones dropped her first release of 2020 with the double A-side single ‘Bad Child’ / ‘Can’t Be Happy All The Time’ and there’s much more to follow with more new music coming soon.
Originally from Australia’s Mornington Pe
Tones And I soon found herself in global demand as ‘Dance Monkey’ exploded. She subsequently sold-out shows from Melbourne to London to Ne