The amazing Chrissie Hynde displays yet another volte face in her incredible career with the release of her new album ‘Valve Bone Woe’ on BMG on Sep 6. Two new tracks from the album, ‘Caroline, No’ and ‘You Don’t Know What Love Is’ are available to listen to now. The album will be available on CD, double 180g vinyl and a limited edition 7” vinyl box set. Pre-order the album here.
The album features 14 tracks written by a stunning array of classic songwriters and innovators, including Brian Wilson, Frank Sinatra, Hoagy Carmichael, Charlie Mingus, John Coltrane, Nick Drake, Ray Davies and Rodgers and Hammerstein.
Hynde, together with the LA Philharmonic, will perform much of the album at a special concert at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on July 6. Chrissie will also be performing as part of the BBC’s Proms In The Park in Hyde Park on September 14. Further information on this show is available here.
‘Absolutely sensational! I’m blown away by the completeness and maturity of this work; it sounds like they’ve spent a lifetime doing music like this. The production is utterly astonishing – I couldn’t have imagined that a big band palette, so gloriously fat and dirty, could be combined with digitalism so beautifully. An amazing piece of work.’ Brian Eno
The track listing for the album is:
- How Glad I Am [Jimmy Williams, Larry Harrison]
- Caroline, No [Tony Asher, Brian Wilson]
- I’m a Fool to Want You [Frank Sinatra, Joel Herron, Jack Wolf]
- I Get Along Without You Very Well (Except Sometimes) [Hoagy Carmichael]
- Meditation on a Pair of Wire Cutters [Charles Mingus]
- Once I Loved [Norman Gimbel, Vinicius De Moraes, Antonio Jobim]
- Wild Is the Wind [Ned Washington, Dimitri Tiomkin]
- You Don’t Know What Love Is [Don Raye, Gene De Paul]
- River Man [Nick Drake]
- Absent Minded Me [Jule Styne, Bob Merrill]
- Naima [John Coltrane]
- Hello, Young Lovers [Richard Rogers, Oscar Hammerstein II]
- No Return [Ray Davies]
- Que Reste-T-il De Nos Amours [Charles Trenet]