SIX60 – the band who have been making headlines across the globe for their recent joyous, sold-out show in front of 50,000 fans this weekend – are coming to the UK and Europe later this year as part of their 2021 tour.
The eleven-date tour will take place throughout November and December this year, beginning in Paris and concluding in Dublin and includes the band’s biggest show outside of their native New Zealand, at iconic London venue Alexandra Palace.
Full tour dates are as follows:
– Thursday 18th November – Le Badaboum, Paris, France
– Saturday 20th November – Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– Sunday 21st November – Knust, Hamburg, Germany
– Monday 22nd November – Gretchen, Berlin, Germany
– Wednesday 24th November – Strom, Munich, Germany
– Thursday 25th November – Stollwerck, Cologne, Germany
– Friday 26th November – Alexandra Palace, UK- Sunday 28th November – SWX, Bristol, UK
– Monday 29th November – Academy 2, Manchester, UK
– Thursday 2nd December – SWG3 Warehouse, Glasgow, UK
– Friday 3rd December – The Academy, Dublin, Ireland
SIX60 band recently accomplished a world first – performing to 50,000 people at New Zealand’s national stadium Eden Park. The gig was a monumental success, with the sold-out, non-socially-distanced crowd enjoying SIX60’s peerless live set, which was highlighted by one-off special appearances by players of the All Blacks rugby team, New Zealand’s National Naval band, a flyover of Royal New Zealand Air Force jets, as well as traditional Maori Kapa Haka performers, who joined the band on stage to see out the night with their hit ‘Don’t Forget Your Roots’ (Kia Mau Ki Tō Ūkaipō).
Billed as the biggest live gig on the planet, the event received worldwide media coverage, with titles including NME, Daily Mail, The Sun, New York Times, New York Post, Chicago Tribune, and titles all across Europe – commenting on this historic concert. The show was the first gig ever to have a hybrid set up – as well as attending in person, fans could access the show live or on demand via leading platform Veeps. Over 100,000 watched the show in over 30 countries. SIX60 have also charted new territory by being the first band to have their concert live streamed via TikTok.
SIX60’s live shows this year have garnered the attention of media across the world. ITV’s Pier Morgan dubbed them “the hottest band in the world right now” during his interview with lead singer Matiu Walters and BBC News highlighting that the shows are “just unimaginable right now – the rock band SIX60 are out every weekend playing to thousands of fans”, while NME featured Matiu in an interview, noting that they are “currently the planet’s biggest touring band”.